Cypress Trails United Methodist Church in Spring, TX is looking for a part-time Director of Contemporary Music.
This position reports directly to the Pastor and is an integral part of our ministries. This leader will lead contemporary music ministries of Cypress Trails United Methodist Church. This position will require complete work in accordance with church policies/procedures and state licensing standards.
The successful candidate will have experience leading worship and responsibilities are as follows:
- Create and execute vision to expand and enrich the church’s music programs.
- Work with pastoral staff and volunteers to align music selections for worship services.
- Provide a warm, friendly, and safe learning environment for children and families.
- Lead and perform with the Praise Band using his/her voice and any instrumental talents to enrich the contemporary worship experience.
- Oversee the church’s contemporary musicians.
- Lead songs for worship services.
- Effectively manage the music records and budget.
- Other responsibilities/duties as needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with music.
- Has a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm, patient and able to share the love of Jesus through music.
- Ability to pass background security check.
- Ability to meet the physical, mental, and emotional demands of a working in a church environment.
- Agreement to Safe Sanctuary Policy.
This is a part-time position based in Spring, TX. This position will work 10-15 hours per week.